Just in time for your Halloween party, these Bacon-wrapped Jalapeno Ghouls, courtesy of The Food Network, are bound to be a conversation piece! My husband and I host a Halloween party every year - yes, the classic dress-up kind - and we always have a blast. It's a chance to be silly, get creative and we even give out a trophy filled with candy for whoever is voted "best costume". Being playful and having fun is such an important part of life - embrace it, and openly welcome silliness into your world and it will bring you more joy than you may realize.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Ghouls
The thrill of stuffed jalapenos is that you never know how spicy a pepper will be – a true trick or treat. These crowd-pleasing ghoul appetizers are a twist on Halloween mummies. Filled with an Italian filling made with rich Parmesan cheese, yogurt, mustard and thyme. The ghouls get wrapped in smoky bacon and gain vision with black olives as eyes.
- 4 large jalapenos, cut lengthwise, seeds and veins removed
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 4 strips bacon, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 2 pitted black olives, cut into small dice (for "eyes")
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and add jalapenos, cut side-up.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, grainy mustard, Parmesan cheese and dried thyme. Divide evenly between jalapenos and smooth out top.
- Wrap thin strips of bacon around jalapenos, leaving a small gap near the stem for the eyes. Up to this point (precooked), you can cover and refrigerate the mummies for up to 1 day.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until bacon is crispy and cheese is bubbling. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place two pieces of diced olive on each jalapeno (the “eyes”) in the small gap near the stem.
- Serve warm.