Bruschetta is one of my favourite appetizers, and it's one of the few things I can actually contribute to our home-cooked meals (even though my husband typically makes it himself anyway - but hey, at least I know HOW to make it, right?! Hehe...).
So when I found this delicious Grilled Chicken Bruschetta recipe from Skinny Taste, I was excited - it takes all the flavourful elements we love about bruschetta bread, and instead has them as toppings on grilled chicken - switching the carbs to protein, and the portion from appetizer to actual meal-sized.
All while showcasing fresh tomatoes, garlic, onion, and basil!
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced (omit for whole30, paleo)
- 1.25 lbs (8 thin sliced) chicken cutlets
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper. Set aside a few minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo and additional 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Toss in the cheese when ready to serve.
- Season chicken with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Grill the chicken 2 minutes on each side, set aside on a platter and top with bruschetta and serve.
READY TO GET STARTED WITH COACHING? CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE ONE-ON-ONE DISCOVERY CALL WITH ME.