Chicken. Waffles. Maple syrup. This recipe is inspired by my husband, who loves chicken and waffles. And the best news it that it's so easy, anyone can make it - even me, haha!
Thanks to Delish, maybe I can give my husband a night off from cooking and step up my wife game by tackling this simple dish for him.
Is it healthy? Not really.
Will he love it? Yep!
Chicken 'n Waffles Casserole
- 10 toaster waffles
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. chopped breaded chicken
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide waffles between two large baking sheets and bake until crispy, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before cutting into big chunks.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large casserole dish, combine waffles and breaded chicken, then pour the egg mixture on top. Grind pepper on top. Bake until the waffles are crispy, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with more maple syrup.