I love when classic recipes are flipped upside down by making them with some interesting substitute; thus enter Peppermint Black Bean Brownies - made with (you guessed it) black beans instead of flour, and honey instead of sugar!
Ummm... healthier brownies? Yes, please!
Also, I was recently introduced to the magical world of doTERRA essential oils, and their recipe calls for 2-4 drops of Peppermint oil - which is perfect because I happen to have that on hand (I typically use Peppermint oil in my diffuser, as well as topically on my temples to soothe a headache - if you haven't experienced the wonder of doTERRA and you're interested to learn more, let me know and I can totally hook you up).
So here we are, with a kickass brownie recipe that is less than 10 ingredients total!
You're already drooling, right?
Me too - let's dive in!
Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2–4 drops Peppermint oil
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into large bowl and stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 8x8-inch pan and top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 30–35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.