If you're looking for a healthy lunch idea with a super quick prep time, then you're going to love this Asian Sesame Zucchini Noodle recipe, compliments of Good Housekeeping.
I'm a pasta lover - spaghetti is one of my favourite meals. But it's nice to switch out the carbs with something a lot lighter on the tummy, especially when it's lunch time.
When I was in corporate, 2pm was when the afternoon hot a brick wall. I'd get sleepy and my brain would slow down - and I can only imagine how much worse it would have been if I had eaten a heavy lunch of pasta!
That's why my lunches tend to be lighter, with lots of vegetables. In fact, both my breakfast AND lunch are typically vegetarian.
Which makes this easy 7-ingredient Asian Sesame Zucchini Noodle recipe a great healthy lunch choice for you!
Asian Sesame Zucchini Noodle
- 1/4 c. packed fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- In a large bowl, whisk cilantro, vinegar, oil, garlic, red pepper, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add zucchini; toss until well-combined. Serve immediately.