Who doesn't love a good mac and cheese?! And with this recipe being so easy - only seven ingredients and a couple pots - even I can make it (and I'm no cook), haha!
Plus, this only takes 30 minutes to prepare, so it's a quick, simple dinner before a busy night on the go - or you can cozy up in your pjs and bring a bowl of easy cheesy macaroni over to the couch and just Netflix and chill.
Props to Genius Kitchen for creating this recipe - sharing is caring!
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour, and cook for 3-5 minutes to form a roux; add salt and pepper; slowly add milk, stirring well after each addition.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese a small amount at a time until fully melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce; stir to coat.